"Further to the survey, we have also discussed with at least one former Chairman,
three (3) former Managing Directors, several Union and Association Leaders
and confirmed that our decision makers were and still are
being shackled by these destructive cultures."
MAS Troubleshooters (MT) feel that it is time for us to disclose the underlying issues in MAS. For the last several years and especially last few months, MT has been doing our own research and probing with the objective of finding solutions to return MAS to her Golden era.
In 2005, after a MAS companywide survey done by International Survey Research (ISR) it was discovered that "Culture of being secretive, short term oriented, directive but indecisive may not be complementary to MAS global ambitions".
Further to the survey, we have also discussed with at least one former Chairman, three (3) former Managing Directors, several Union and Association Leaders and confirmed that our decision makers were and still are being shackled by these destructive cultures.
It is okay for the majority to be in the dark but what really trouble us is when our so called smart leaders have been easily manipulated. I hope our beloved PM really means it when he said “The era where the government knows best is over”
It was reported in Utusan Malaysia on 4 October 2011 by MASEU that
''Masalah pertukaran kepimpinan menjadi masalah utama dalam MAS. Pertukaran Pengarah Urusan MAS setiap tiga tahun umpama menguji kebolehan individu yang dilantik.
''Apabila pelantikan dibuat, pengarah urusan yang baharu mempunyai wawasan sendiri, lantas membawa masuk 30 hingga 40 orang mereka tetapi ditinggalkan di MAS apabila beliau tidak lagi berkhidmat dengan syarikat penerbangan itu.
''Malangnya orang luar yang dibawa masuk inilah yang akhirnya merosakkan MAS sebenarnya,'' katanya kepada Utusan Malaysia di sini hari ini.
Ditanya mengapa Maseu tidak mahu memberikan peluang kerjasama dijayakan dahulu, Alias berkata: ''Cukup-cukuplah jadikan MAS sebagai bahan percubaan kerana yang jadi mangsa adalah kakitangan MAS''. Beliau berkata, terlampau banyak perkara yang berlaku akibat kesilapan pengurusan menyebabkan aset-aset dan perniagaan MAS tergadai."
MASEU also said “This is not the way to revitalise MAS. We should straighten out our own affairs starting with the decision makers,”
MASEU is right. These problems were not new. Since WAU 2001, the Government has not been able to fix "operational issues" in MAS highlighted by the late Tan Sri Azizan in the Berita MAS dated September 2001 and September 2003 and summarised below:
1) TO REENGINEER THIS ENDANGERED COMPANY.
2) THE ORGANISATION STRUCTURE OF THE COMPANY IS FOUND TO BE NOT CONDUCIVE TO AN INTEGRATED APPROACH.
3) REVIEWING AND IMPROVING THE PROCESSES AND PROCEDURES TO PLUG THE RAMPANT LEAKAGES AND STOP THE HAEMORRHAGE.
4) BEHOLDEN ON US TO PROTECT IT FROM PREDATORS.
5) PRESENT FRAGMENTED MAS IS NOT IN THE RIGHT STATE.
6) MAS CULTURE IS DOMINATED BY A “SILO MENTALITY” RESULTING IN UNINTEGRATED AND UNCOORDINATED ACTIVITIES.
7) FOSTERED ABUSE, PLUNDER OF THE COMPANY FOR PERSONAL GAINS, HIGH COST, INEFFICIENCY AND HAS DRIVEN THE COMPANY TO NEAR BANKCRUPTCY.
8) DEDICATE OURSELVES TO CREATING A NEW CULTURE GROUNDED IN A FEELING OF COMMON RESPONSIBILITY, BASED ON ACCOUNTABILITY.
1) TO ENSURE THAT FACTIONALISM FOSTERED BY THE CLAN CULTURE WOULD NOT BE AN OBSTACLE.
2) ALWAYS STRIVE TO SUPPRESS ANY TENDENCY TOWARDS FACTIONALISM.
3) THIS REQUIRES A CHANGE IN MINDSET AND A NEW CULTURE.
4) WE HAVE TO PREVENT LEAKAGES AND WASTAGES.
5) GOOD FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT IS ESSENTIAL FOR OUR SURVIVAL.
More will be revealed soon.